Miscellaneous Hillsborough County, New Hampshire Obituaries


First Name:
Last Name:
Andrew E. Bellew
Andrew E. Bellew, 47, of Kissimmee, Fla., died July 9, 1999 at his home. 
He was born in Nashua, on March 28, 1952, a son of John E. Bellew of Milford and the late Claire L. (Rossi) Bellew. 
Mr. Bellew was a graduate of Milford Area Senior High School, class of 1970. He had lived in Kissimmee, Fla., for seven years after having resided in Milford for most of his life. 
He was employed as a senior tradesworker for Osceola County, Fla., for five years. 
Mr. Bellew was an excellent woodworker and carpenter. He was an avid outdoorsman and enjoyed hunting and fishing. 
In addition to his father, family members include three sons, Keith J. Bellew of Milford, Travis A. Bellew and Cody C. Bellew of Kingsport, Tenn.; a daughter, Jessica A. Bellew of Kingsport, Tenn.; three sisters, Carol A. Gibbons and Katherine M. Stickney, both of Milford, and Marie E. Reilly of Greenfield; five nieces; three nephews; and several aunts, uncles and cousins. 
Calling hours are tonight (Wednesday, July 14), from 6-9 p.m. in the Smith and Heald Funeral Home, 63 Elm St., Milford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Thursday at 10 a.m. in St. Patrick Church, 34 Amherst St., Milford. Burial will be in Riverside Cemetery, Milford, at a later date.
Memorial contributions may be made to Saint Patrick SHARE program, PO Box 27, Milford, NH 03055. 
Millicent C. Kennedy  
Millicent "Millie" C. Kennedy, 78, of Isaac Frye Highway, Wilton, died July 9, 1999, at Monadnock Community Hospital in Peterborough.
Born in Montclair, N.J., on Feb. 20, 1921, the daughter of Mildred (MaGee) and Shirley Niles Carr, she had lived in Wilton for 57 years. She had been employed by the American Guernsey Cattle Club of Peterborough for 14 years and by Label Art for many years before retiring in 1984. She was a 1939 graduate of Montclair (N.J.) High School.
Members of her family include her husband, Harold E. Kennedy, of Wilton; a daughter, Diane Hoffman of Jaffrey; a stepson, James H. Kennedy of Wilton; two grandsons, James Fish of Burke, Va., and Michael Fish of Groveland, Mass.; three stepgrandsons, Michael Kennedy of Rindge, Matthew Kennedy of Wilton and Mark Kennedy of Amherst; a stepgranddaughter, Michaela Kennedy of Wilton; and two great-grandsons, Ryan and Matthew Fish, both of Burke, Va.
Services were held July 12 at the Nelson Funeral Home, Wilton. Burial was in the Laurel Hill Cemetery in Wilton.
Memorial donations may be made to the American Cancer Society, New England Division, Gail Singer Memorial Building, 360 Route 101, Suite 101, Bedford, NH 03110-5032.
Christopher D. Pickett  
Christopher D. Pickett, 28, of Purgatory Road, Milford, died July 8, l999, at Lahey-Hitchcock Clinic, Burlington, Mass. 
He was born in Nashua, on Oct. 18, 1970, a son of Dale M. and Jeanne (Campbell) Pickett of Milford. 
Mr. Pickett had been a resident of Milford for most of his life. He was a graduate of Milford High School, class of 1989, and attended the N.H. Community Technical College in Nashua. 
He was employed as an auto body technician for the past 13 years, and worked for Kincaid Auto Body, Body Magic and Leach Auto, Milford. He enjoyed woodworking. 
He was a communicant of St. Patrick Church, Milford. 
In addition to his parents, the family includes a sister, Deborah J. Pickett of Wilton; five brothers, Stephen D. Pickett of Merrimack, Mark D. Pickett, Brian D. Pickett and Lawrence D. Pickett, all of Milford, and Gregory D. Pickett of Mont Vernon; his paternal grandmother, Emma Pickett of Indiana; four nephews; two nieces; many aunts, uncles and cousins. 
A Mass of Christian Burial was be celebrated July 13 in St. Patrick Church, Milford. Burial was in Riverside Cemetery, Milford. 
Memorial donations may be made to the St. Patrick Share Program, PO Box 27, Milford, NH 03055.
The Smith and Heald Funeral Home, Milford, is in charge of arrangements. 
Frances H. Rush  
Frances H. Rush, 83, of Powers Street, Milford, died July 8, 1999, at Southern New Hampshire Regional Medical Center, Nashua. 
She was born in Milford on June 19, 1916, a daughter of the late Oscar G. and Mabel F. (Durant) Ellsworth. 
Mrs. Rush was a lifelong resident of Milford, and had attended Milford schools. She was employed as a nurse’s aide for the former Cox Nursing Home, Milford, and had attended the Milford United Methodist Church. 
Mrs. Rush was a member of the Disabled American Veterans Auxiliary, Nashua, and a member of A.A.R.P. 
She was predeceased by her husband, Raymond J. Rush Sr., who died in 1992; a daughter, Arlene Johnson; and three sons and a daughter-in-law, Richard Rush, Norman Rush and Raymond Rush Jr., and his wife, Jean.
Family members include two daughters, Shirley Leaor of Milford and Priscilla Young of Nashua; three sons and daughters-in-law, Wayne and Janne Rush of Norway, Gerald and Brenda Rush of Nashua, and A. James Rush of Milford; 25 grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. 
Funeral services were held July 12 in the Smith and Heald Funeral Home, Milford, with burial in West Street Cemetery, Milford. 
Memorial donations may be made to the charity of one's choice. 
Eugene W. Tuomala  
Eugene W. Tuomala, 61, of Ashburnham Road, New Ipswich, died July 6, 1999, at the Hospice House in Concord, after a brief illness.
He was born in Fitchburg, Mass., on March 3, 1938, the son of Tauno N. and Irma (Pajanen) Tuomala, and had lived in New Ipswich all his life. 
A l956 graduate of Appleton Academy of New Ipswich, Mr. Tuomala was self-employed as a stone mason for many years and worked for a time at Warwick Mills. 
Members of his family include his mother, Irma Tuomala, of New Ipswich; a brother, Philip E. Tuomala of Wilton; a niece and two nephews.
Services will be private. Burial will be in the Smithville Cemetery of New Ipswich.
Memorial donations may be made to the American Cancer Society, New England Division, 360 Route 101 Suite 501, Bedford, NH 03110-5032.
The Nelson Funeral Home, Wilton, is in charge of arrangements. 
Jane B. Conant  
Jane B. Conant of Portsmouth died Wednesday, June 30, 1999, at her home.
She was born in Boston, Mass., on July 8, 1927, the only child of Harry W. and Madeleine J. (Conant) Conant.
Before she moved to Portsmouth in 1986, she had a home at 14 North Main St., Mont Vernon, for more than 50 years. 
An active participant in Mont Vernon life, she was its first woman selectman; she served as a Daland Memorial Library Trustee, and on the Historic District and Lamson Farm Commissions. She was a founding member of the Purgatory Players, an amateur theater group of the 1960s.
Ms. Conant attended Boston public schools, was a member of the class of 1949 at the University of New Hampshire and a graduate of Leland Powers School of Radio and Theater, Boston. 
Graveside services will be held Wednesday, July 28, at 11 a.m. in Greenlawn Cemetery, Main Street, Mont Vernon. Friends are invited. 
Donations in Ms. Conant’s memory may be made to the Mont Vernon Historical Society, PO Box l5, Mont Vernon, NH 03057.
The J. Verne Wood Funeral Home, Portsmouth, was in charge of arrangements.
Jonathan W. Whitney  
Jonathan Wright Whitney, 19, of Rochester, N.Y., previously of Goffstown, died unexpectedly June 29, 1999, succumbing to a lifelong illness, while working as an instructor at the SEP youth summer camp in Orr, Minn. 
Jon was born Aug. 31, 1979, to David and Yvonne Whitney, formerly of Mont Vernon. For most of his life he worked with positive determination to overcome severe allergies and asthma. 
He graduated in 1997 from Goffstown High School. At the time of his death he was a sophomore at Rochester (N.Y.) Institute of Technology, majoring in computer information technology and business. He participated in club volleyball and regularly enjoyed basketball and sailing 
His parents, his sisters Katherine, Jessica, Kristen, and his brother, Justin, survive Jon. His two grandmothers, Dorothy Whitney of Bristol, and Rita Brodeur of Auburn, Maine, as well as, many aunts, uncles and cousins also survive him. 
A scholarship fund has been created to give an opportunity for needy youth to attend summer camp. Donations may be sent to Jon Whitney Memorial Scholarship Fund, c/o SEP Camp, Orr, MN 55771. 

Charles G. Newbold  
Charles G. Newbold, 75, of Clearwater, Fla., died June 4, 1999. He was born in Milford, a son of Charles and Madeline Newbold. He was a graduate of Milford High School, class of 1942.
Mr. Newbold was a long-time member of the Benevolent Lodge 7 in Milford. He was a lieutenant in the Merchant Marines during World War II, serving as a chief radio operator on Liberty ships. After the war, he worked in the house construction trade, building homes in New Hampshire and Massachusetts.
He moved to Framingham, Mass., in 1951. In 1983, he retired from MIT in Cambridge, Mass., where he was responsible for maintenance of all buildings. After retirement, he lived in Wareham, Mass., and Clearwater, Fla.
Mr. Newbold was predeceased by his first wife, Lucy Spofford Newbold.
Family members include his second wife, Mary Jo Newbold of Clearwater, Fla.; a son, Charles Newbold Jr. of Westford, Mass.; a daughter, Gloria Oldfield of Horseheads, N.Y.; four grandchildren; two brothers, Alexander Newbold of San Francisco and William Newbold of Milford; two sisters, Madeline Brown of Somersworth and Grace Zibell of Exeter; and many nieces and nephews.
A memorial service was held in Clearwater.

Florence R. Morell  
Florence R. Morell, 87, of Elm Street, Milford, died May 22, 1999, at Harborside Healthcare Center, Milford. She was the loving mother of Mildred A. Tucker of Port St. Lucie, Fla., Arthur J. "Muzzey" Morell of Milford, and the late Richard E. Morell. 
A graveside service will be held Saturday, July 17, at 11 a.m. in Riverside Cemetery, Nashua Street, Milford. 
The Smith and Heald Funeral Home, Milford, is in charge of arrangements.

Irene T. Lord  
Irene T. (Burgess) Lord, 72, of Tyngsborough, Mass., died Monday, July 19, 1999, at Lowell (Mass.) General Hospital.
Mrs. Lord was born April 9, 1927, in Merrimack, daughter of the late Maude (Hanson) and Arthur Burgess.
She was the wife of Leo A. Lord, to whom she had been married for 54 years. Mrs. Lord devoted her life to her family and enjoyed time with her grandchildren.
She received her education in the Merrimack school system.
Mrs. Lord was predeceased by her sister, Jeannette Benoit and her brother, Robert Burgess.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by two daughters and sons-in-law, Judith A. and Paul Gilinson, and Pamela J. and Albert Ethier, all of Tyngsborough; one son and daughter-in-law, Ronald L. Lord Sr., and his wife, Irene, of Lowell; 10 grandchildren, Thomas, Timothy, JoAnn and Ronald Lord Jr., Julie Wilcox, Kathy and Bonnie Gilinson, Tina Provencher, and Brian and Aimee Ethier; seven great-grandchildren; five brothers and four sisters-in-law, Alfred and Elvira Burgess, Arthur Burgess Jr., and Paul and Barbara Burgess, all of Merrimack, William and Evelyn Burgess of Weare and Peter and Sharon Burgess of Arizona; and several nieces and nephews.
A funeral service was held July 22 in the Dracut (Mass.) Funeral Home. Interment was in the Tyngsborough Memorial Cemetery.
Kenneth R. Sharp  
Kenneth R. Sharp, 52, of Oxford St., Merrimack, died Saturday, July 17, 1999, at Southern NH Medical Center.
Mr. Sharp was born Oct. 31, 1946, in Nashua, son of Ruby (Dunbar) Sharp and the late Royden Sharp.
He was the husband of Marjorie (Jackson) Sharp, whom he married in 1968.
Mr. Sharp was a high school English teacher at the Pembroke Academy. He had taught freshmen and sophomore levels at the academy since 1973.
Mr. Sharp was a member of the New Hampshire Teachers of English National Education Association. He held membership in Rising Sun Lodge No. 39, F&AM, Nashua; the Scottish Rite Bodies, Valley of Nashua; and was a 32nd Degree Mason in the New Hampshire Consistory. He enjoyed several outdoor activities, including boating, gardening and fishing.
Mr. Sharp was a member of Main Street United Methodist Church.
Mr. Sharp graduated from Nashua High School in 1964. He received his bachelor of arts degree in education from New England College in 1972. He also attended Keene State College.
He was predeceased by a brother-in-law, David E. Jackson.
Besides his wife and mother, survivors include two brothers and sisters-in-law, Donald S. and Evelyne Sharp of Ottawa, and Richard D. and Susan Sharp of Exeter; a nephew, Brian Sharp of Toronto; a mother-in-law, Dorothy Jackson of Nashua; two sisters-in-law and a brother-in-law, Sally Jackson of Peterborough and Carolyn and Philip Auger of Strafford; two nieces, Sara and Abby Jackson, both of Peterborough; two aunts and uncles, Gerald and Laila Sharp of Bristol and Thelma and James Marshal of Maine and Florida; and several cousins.
A service of remembrance was held July 21 at the First Church (Congregational) U.C.C., Nashua. The Rev. James S. Chaloner officiated. Interment will be private.
Contributions in Mr. Sharp’s memory can be made to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, N.H. Chapter, 27 Harvey Road, Bedford, NH 03310.
The Davis Funeral Home, Nashua, was in charge of the arrangements.
Paul W. Woodbury  
Paul W. Woodbury, 66, of Whitten Road, Milford, died July 17, 1999, at his home after a long illness.
Mr. Woodbury was born Dec. 27, 1932, in Southbridge, Mass., the son of the late Daniel and Marion Woodbury. He was the husband of Beverly Caves Woodbury, to whom he had been married for nearly 38 years.
Mr. Woodbury owned and operated Woodbury Personnel Consultants, a temporary and permanent job placement business out of Concord, later moving to Amherst, then Milford. He had received Lifetime Achievement Awards from the National Association of Personnel Specialists and the Northern New England Association of Personnel Specialists. In 1990 the NNEAPS instituted the "Paul Woodbury Award." This award "is the highest honor awarded to the person who has demonstrated outstanding leadership and contribution to our association and profession." He had previously worked at Worcester Controls in Worcester, Mass., and American Optical in Southbridge, Mass.
Mr. Woodbury served as a Sunday school teacher at the First Congregational Church of Amherst, then as Sunday school superintendent at the First Baptist Church of Milford. He was an active member of Gideons International.
Besides his wife, he leaves a son, Scott Woodbury of Nashua; two daughters, Marion Vallier of Milford and Rebecca Dube of Nashua; and six grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held Saturday, July 24, at 3 p.m. in the First Baptist Church of Milford. 
Memorial contributions may be made to Home Health and Hospice Care, 22 Prospect St., Nashua, NH 03060.
The Smith and Heald Funeral Home, Milford, is in charge of arrangements.
Harold J. Torpey  
Harold J. Torpey, 81, of Belmont Drive, Merrimack, died July 16, 1999, in St. Joseph Hospital in Nashua after a long illness.
He was born in Yonkers, N.Y., on June 1, 1918, a son of the late Charles M. and Helen (Kelley) Torpey.
Mr. Torpey had been a resident of Merrimack for more than 20 years and was a communicant of St. Elizabeth Seton Church in Bedford.
Before retirement he was employed as an expeditor at United Engineers and Constructors in Seabrook.
Members of his family include his wife, Wilma (Potyka) Torpey of Merrimack; three daughters, Ellen Corning of Raymond, Christine Haynes of Merrimack and Lucy Neilsen of Andover, Mass.; four grandchildren; a sister, Edna Wittmer of Mt. Vernon, N.Y.; and several nieces and nephews.
A Mass of Christian Burial was celebrated July 20 in St. Elizabeth Seton Church, Bedford. Burial followed in the family lot in St. Joseph Cemetery, Bedford.
The George R. Rivet Funeral Home, Merrimack, was in charge of arrangements.

Annie M. Deans  
Annie M. Deans, 95, died July 15, 1999, at the New Hampshire Odd Fellows Home, Concord. 
She was born in Durham, England, on May 16, 1904, a daughter of the late Harley and Mary (Lowes) Riley. 
She came to this country in 1911 on the Luisitania to South Carolina. In l915 she moved to Milford, where she resided until 1985. For the past 10 years, she has been a resident of the Odd Fellows Home, Concord. 
Mrs. Deans was a graduate of Milford High School, class of 1922, and a graduate of Keene Normal School, now Keene State College. 
She was a member of the Milford United Methodist Church. She had been the organist at various churches for many years including the First Baptist Church, Milford, where she played for more than 20 years. 
Mrs. Deans was a member of Custos Morum Rebekah Lodge 23 and Puritan Charity Chapter 29, Order of Eastern Star, Milford. 
She was predeceased by her husband, David Deans Jr., who died in 1980, and a son, David H. Deans. 
Family members include two sons, Richard L. Deans of Concord, and W. Alan Deans of Boynton Beach, Fla.; a daughter, Barbara H. Nichols of Englewood, Fla.; seven grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. 
A memorial service will be held Friday, July 23, at 10 a.m. in the Smith and Heald Funeral Home, 63 Elm St., Milford. Burial will be in Riverside Cemetery, Milford.
Donations in her memory may be made to the New Hampshire Odd Fellows Home, 200 Pleasant Street, Concord, NH 03301.
W. Armstrong Hunter III  
W. Armstrong Hunter III, who worked as advertising manager for the Milford Cabinet from 1956 until 1961, and who, with wife, Edith, and family lived in Milford from 1956 until 1969, died last Thursday, July 15, 1999, at his home in Weathersfield, Vermont. 
Mr. Hunter was the moderator of the Town of Milford for several years, and operated The Hunter Press after leaving the Cabinet.
He had been the publisher of the Weathersfield, Vt., "Weekly" and Windsor "Chronicle," ran a local printing business, was active in church business and town politics and was for many years secretary of the Princeton University class of 1942.
William Armstrong Hunter III was born in Pittsburgh, Pa., on Feb. 15, 1921, to Stanley Armstrong Hunter and Elizabeth Peirce Hunter. He was educated in the public schools of Berkeley, Calif., before attending Princeton University, from which he graduated in 1942. He received a master of divinity degree from Union Theological Seminary in 1945, and was ordained as a minister in the Congregational Church (later United Church of Christ) in August 1945.
He married Edith Louise Fisher on Dec. 19, 1943. The couple celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary in l998.
In 1947, after two years as chaplain and professor of religion at Talledega (Ala.) College, he went to work for the Missions Council in Boston. The Hunter family moved to Roxbury and then to Mansfield, Mass.
After relocating to Milford in August 1956, Mr. Hunter worked as advertising manager for the Milford Cabinet from 1956 to 1961. He started the Hunter Press in 1961 in Milford, which he had originally organized in Berkeley in 1936 as a high school student. He was elected several times as moderator of the town of Milford, and served in 1967 as president of the New Hampshire Graphic Arts Association.
In May 1969 the family moved to the ancestral home in Weathersfield Center, Vt., where Mr. Hunter’s great-great-grandfather, the Rev. James Converse, had lived from 1802 to 1839. He operated The Hunter Press in Weathersfield, and in April 1971, Armstrong and son William started The Weathersfield Weekly, which ceased publication in April 1986. When son William left for college in 1973, wife Edith became one of the primary reporters and later editor. In 1974, Armstrong Hunter was one of the founders of The Windsor Chronicle.
He was the treasurer and deacon of the First Congregational Church of Weathersfield Center for many years.
He was a devoted member of the Princeton class of 1942, serving as its secretary for years, and faithfully attended the annual reunions at Princeton, most recently in May of this year.
He is survived by his wife, Edith Fisher Hunter; a younger brother, Converse Peirce Hunter of Rochester, N.Y.; and by his four children, Elizabeth Converse Hunter of Bakersville, N.C., Graham Chambers Hunter II and his wife Susan Hunter of Weathersfield, William Armstrong Hunter IV and wife April Hensel of Cavendish and Charles Way Hunter of Chesterfield, Mass.; three grandchildren, Matthew Chambers Hunter, Patrick Wickenden Hunter and Samuel Armstrong Hensel-Hunter.
There will be a memorial service at the First Congregational Church of Weathersfield on Aug. 1, at 3 p.m.
Memorial gifts may be made to the First Congregational Church of Weathersfield or to a charity of one’s choice.
Andrea Spence  
Andrea "Tippy" (Dane) Spence, 80, of Maidstone Drive, Merrimack, died July 14, I999, in Southern NH Medical Center in Nashua, after a brief illness.
She was born in Nashua on April 18, 1919, a daughter of the late Wilbur and Mabel (Fletcher) Dane.
She graduated from Nashua High School and from Memorial Nursing School. She also attended the University of New Hampshire.
Mrs. Spence had worked for Poirier Interiors and Onah Landry Interiors, both in Nashua. She retired from the State of New Hampshire Youth Development Center, where she worked for many years as a houseparent.
In the early 1950s, she moved with her husband and two children from Nashua to South Merrimack. She was very active in the South Merrimack Congregational Church as a Sunday school teacher and activities volunteer. She was a longstanding member of the South Merrimack Women’s Club, a past member of the Merrimack Historical Society, and a 44-year member of the Daughters of the American Revolution, Matthew Thornton Chapter.
She was the widow of Robert Caldwell Spence, who died Nov. 12, I979.
Members of her family include a son and a daughter in-law, David E. and Betty (Gould) Spence; a daughter and son in-law, Sybil (Spence) and Theodore D. Rocca, all of Merrimack; two much loved grandchildren, Megan Spence and Robert Kirkpatrick, and Robert's wife, Christyn (Huff) Kirkpatrick, all of Merrimack; a great-grandchild, Conor David Kirkpatrick of Merrimack; and many nieces and nephews.
There will be a private memorial service at a later date.
Memorial contributions in Mrs. Spence’s memory can be made to the Humane Society of New England, 24 Ferry Road, Nashua, NH 03060.
The George R. Rivet Funeral Home, Merrimack, was in charge of arrangements.
Arthur B. Benjamin  
Arthur B. Benjamin, 63, of Lakeland, Fla., died July 13, 1999, at his home. 
He was born in Nashua, on Dec. 26, 1935, a son of Arthur B. and Gladys (Swift) Benjamin Sr. 
Mr. Benjamin moved to Lakeland, Fla., six years ago, after living in Nashua and Brookline for 57 years. 
He was employed as an electrician for Merit Electric in Largo., Fla., for five years and Stellos Electric, Nashua, for 19 years. 
Mr. Benjamin was a U.S. Army veteran, having served from 1956 to 1958. He was an avid camper. 
He was predeceased by a son, Marc A. Benjamin, who died in 1986. 
Family members include his wife, Dorothy (Silver) Benjamin of Lakeland, Fla.; a son and daughter-in-law, Robert and Robin Benjamin of Milford; a daughter and son-in-law, Dawna and Earl Bosquet of Milford; two grandchildren, Trevor Bosquet and Trent Bosquet, both of Milford; two brothers, Donald Heath and Walter Heath of Jaffrey; and several nieces and nephews.
Funeral services were July 17 in the Smith and Heald Funeral Home, Milford. Burial was to be in Pine Grove Cemetery, Brookline.

Florence M. Martin  
Florence M. Martin, 83, of Keene, died July 12, 1999, at Harborside Health Care Center-Westwood.
She was born in Tupper Lake, N.Y., on July 7, 1916, and lived in Greenfield and Milford a number of years before moving to Keene. She was a member of St. Bernard's parish.
Mrs. Martin was employed a period of time at Wallisford Mills. 
Her first husband, Neil L. Roberts, died in 1959.
Survivors include her husband of 20 years, Wilfred L. Martin of Keene; two daughters, Irene M. Balcom of Marlborough and Nancy A. Legere of Spofford; a stepson, Leo W. Martin of Akron, Ohio; four grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and nieces and nephews.
A Mass of Christian Burial was celebrated July 14 at St. Bernard Church, Keene, with burial in St. Joseph Cemetery.
Contributions may be made in Mrs. Martin's memory to the Monadnock Region Humane Society, PO Box 678, West Swanzey, NH 03469.
The Fletcher Funeral Home of Keene is in charge of arrangements.
Irving W. Hull  
Irving Wheatley Hull, 70, of Grants Pass, Ore., died Tuesday, June 29, 1999, at his home.
He was born on Nov. 14, 1928, in Barre, Vt. He graduated from Milford High School. In 1949 he enlisted in the U.S. Navy and served four years. He attended the University of Washington.
On July 12, 1951, he married Dolores Hernandez in San Diego, Calif. He retired in 1988, after working for more than 36 years at Boeing Airplane Company.
Mr. Hull was a former member of the Masonic Lodge 165 F&AM of Edmonds, Wash., and a former High Priest of Edmonds Chapter 64, Royal Arch Masons. He was a Shriner with the Nile Temple in Seattle, Wash.
He was a charter member of Mountlake Baptist Church in Mountlake Terrace, Wash. He also attended Renton First Baptist Church, and was a member of the Merlin (Ore.) Community Baptist Church. He served as a planning commissioner while in Mountlake Terrace.
Mr. Hull loved nature and the outdoors, going stream fishing and hunting. He especially enjoyed hiking, having hiked in the state of Washington across the Northern Cascade Mountains from west side to east side and the Olympic Mountains from east side to west side. He also enjoyed gardening, golf, reading and music.
In addition to his wife, Mr. Hull is survived by his son, Stephen William Hull and his wife, Karen, of Kent, Wash.; three granddaughters; three sisters, Jenny Nichols of New Jersey, Rosella Beard of Wilton, and Marie Palmer of Hudson.
A memorial service was held July 17 at Merlin Community Baptist Church, with the Rev. Everett Denniston officiating. A graveside service will be held Saturday, July 31, at 11:30 a.m., at East Brookfield Cemetery in East Brookfield, Vt. The Rev. Dawn Mays, the niece of Mr. Hull, will be officiating.
Memorial contributions may be made to Merlin Community Baptist Church Mission Fund, 361 Galice Rd., Merlin, OR 97532.
The Hull and Hull Funeral Directors are in charge of arrangements.

Search this massive database of obituaries, cemeteries, and death records: